The industrial clusters include Chemicals & fertilizers, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Cotton Textiles, Machine Tools, Glass, Engineering, Tobacco, Fisheries and Dairy. There are over 18,000 small scale industrial units in Vadodara, in which repairs & services units are maximum in numbers accounting nearly 5,713 units, 1,923 textiles, 1,615 metal works, 1,357 chemicals, 1,316 equipments\machinery, 1,145 rubber & its products, 1,047 food products and 3,840 are misc. units . Other key small scale industries include textiles, metal works, chemicals, equipments, rubber products and food products etc.885 glass, ceramics & cement, 829 equipments related to electricity, 753 papers & its products, 601 non ferrous metals, 543 leather, 173 tobacco and 56 are misc. units.
During the decade of 1988-1997 the key industries segments like Chemicals, Boilers & Steam generating equipments and glass showed a major increase. The growth of investments in Chemicals sector excluding fertilizers is almost 98 % over the last decade 1988-1997.
Other industry segments showing growth in investments include sugar, vegetable oils, fermentation industries & transportation. During 1988-1997 decade maximum investments were observed in Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Textiles, Plastics and Pharmaceuticals. Of these, Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals were highly labour intensive and created maximum employment opportunities. In the last decade 1997-2007 Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals are also among the top five investment generating sectors. New sectors with high investments during this period include Infrastructure, Glass and Transportation. The major sectors which have witnessed maximum investments are Biotechnology and Chemicals & Petrochemicals. Other key sectors are Engineering, Food & Agro, Tourism and Textiles & Apparels.
The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor passes through Vadodara resulted in a key destination for attracting industrial investments. Vadodara is the exclusive producer of Dolomite and Fluorspar in Gujarat offering scope for tremendous growth in the processing industries. Several Government Companies like GSFC and GACL have their manufacturing plants in the district. Gujarat‟s leading educational institutions are located in Vadodara offering skilled and intellectual manpower in abundance quantity to the various industries and for R & D activities. Proximity of the district with key industrial centers of Gujarat such as Ahmedabad, Bharuch and Surat could be considered a major driver for growth of the economy.
There thirteen Industrial Estates Sankheda, Jetpur Pavi, Dabhoi, Ranoli (Autonagar), Limda, Por Ramangamdi, Nadesari, Waghodia, Makarpura, PCC, Savli, Savli Biotech Park and Sehra are at present operating in the district. Moreover, there are also three Special Economic Zones (SEZs) namely Savli SEZ, Suzlon SEZ and Nipam Infrastructure Ltd.
Vadodara Expo is participated by a huge number of industrialists The buyers will get to exhibit:
- Mechanical & Engineering
- Special Purpose Machine
- CNC Machines / Laser Marking Machine
- Lathes, automatic lathes
- Machinery & Machine Tools
- Cutting & Allied Tools
- Abrasive tools & products
- Sheet metal machinery
- Planing, shaping, slotting & broaching machines
- Hardening & Heating machines
- Driling, boring, milling, grinding, screwing & gear cutting machine
- Material Handling Equipments
- Testing & Measuring Eqpts.
- Calibration Services
- Chemicals (Organic & Inorganic)
- Pharmaceutical Machinery / Material
- Chemical Plants & Machinery
- Foundry Machinery / Chemicals
- Sugar Machinery / Chemicals
- Petrochemicals, Polymers
- Filtration & Separation Systems, Filters
- Water Treatment &
Pollution Control Equipments.
- Environmental Management & Consultants
- Metrological equipments
- Analytical & Laboratory Equipment
- Scientific Equipments
- Cooling Water Systems, Cooling Towers
- Electrical & Electronics
- Industrial Automation & Instrumentation
- Electrical Power Tools, Robotics
- Electrical Switches, Switchgear & Control Panels
- Weighing Machines
- Wires & Cables
- Electric Motors & Transformers
- Barcode Machines
- Generators Equipments
- Security & Industrial Safety Equipments.
- Industrial Fixtures
- Luminaries & Lighting Eqpts
- Renewable Energy & Power
- Solar Energy Equipments
- Batteries / U.P.S./Invertors / Stablizers
- Wireless & VOIP Solutions
- Safety Equipments
- Fire & Fire Fighting
- Air Compressor
- Chains, Sprockets & Conveyors
- Industrial Cleaning Equipments
- Hardware Related Services
- Packaging Machinery / Materials
- Oil & Gas
- Construction & Waterproofing Chemicals
- Pumps & Valves
- Mechanical Seal
- Process Control Equipments
- Plastic Machinery & Products
- Food Processing Industries
- Industrial Storage Systems
- Ferrous & Non Ferrous Metals
- Pipes & Tubes
- Doors & Gates
- Earthmoving & Construction Machinery / Eqpts.
- Roofing Sheets & Materials
- Auto Components & Accessories
- Rubber & Rubber Products
- Industrial Products
- Dairy Eqpts. & Accessories
- Textile Machinery Products
- Bolts, Nuts, Fasteners, Springs
- Welding Machine & Consumable
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Gear & Gear Boxes
- Fibre & Fibre Products
- CAD & CAM
- Industrial Oils & Lubricants
- IT Product & Support Services
- Banking Services & Insurance
- Financial Companies
- Service Providers & Logistic Company
- Government Organizations & PSUs
Effective exhibiting doesn't rely on big expenditure but on being precise about what you want to achieve and how. Some of the important reasons for exhibiting are:
- Gather a rich and pertinent source of new sales leads - both from new and existing customers.
- Establish a higher profile in the market using the only three-dimensional, direct marketing medium.
- Meet your audience face to face and know whether what you have to offer is what they want or need.
- Build brand awareness and strengthen your presence in the market.
- Conduct research into your industry, product or service.
- Promote or launch your new product or service.
- Present your product or service alongside your competitors.
- Meet and network with influential buyers and end users.
- Clientele from both Government and Private sector organizations.
- Promotion of innovative ideas presently not available in the Indian market.
- Get to know your target market better.
- Create networks with industry players.
As a Sponsor
- Benefit from an ideal time, place and opportunity to get noticed.
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Enhance your leadership status.
- Project a long lasting brand image to a targeted audience.
As an Exhibitor
- Display your latest machinery, technology, products and services to highly focused trade visitors, trade media and delegations.
- One to one interaction with the industry at a single location.
- Brand building among industry and end users.
- Explore new business and investment opportunities.
As a Visitor
- Find about the latest technology, machinery, products and services available in the market.
- Find availability of raw materials, alternate suppliers of machinery equipment and spares.
- Find about sources of investment & funding.
- Find professionals & skilled manpower.